Adrafinil: How Does This Drug Work, Benefits and Safety
Adrafinil is classified under the eurgeroic nootropics category. When converted in the liver, it changes into Modafinil – making both drugs worthwhile for people looking to be more awake. Adrafinil, unlike Modafinil, is not regulated in the United States and may privately purchased without the need of a doctor’s prescription. Due to non-regulation, the drug has some unwanted side effects. Thus, caution is advised before taking the drug. Click here to buy Adrafinil online.
It’s not known clearly how Adrafinil works; there are some theories as to the effects:
• It’s thought that the drug boosts the Hypocretin, which is a brain neurotransmitter. It helps to promote appetite, alertness and arousal. With the increase of Hypocretin, it’s believed the dopamine, histamine and norepinephrine levels increase. The increase of the chemicals is believed to be the key nootropic action for modafinil and adrafinil.
• Another potential action method is that the two drugs – adrafinil and modafinil – stimulates the glutamate pathways and hinders the GABAeric ones, leading to wakefulness.
Bear in mind that Adrafinil doesn’t always have the benefits the Modafinil has. According to some users, it’s weaker than the drug Modafinil; other people say it’s just not as effective. It’s a good drug in the promotion and use of alertness and it doesn’t have the side effects often associated with stimulant drugs that need the monoaminergic systems.
People who have used Adrafinil have reported that it significantly betters one’s memory and cognition. It’s beneficial to people who need it when they need to use their brain to focus and stay alert. According to some evidence, people with ADHD have been able to focus better. However, it’s best to talk with a doctor about the medication before you self-prescribe yourself with Adrafinil.
Concerns With The Safety Of Adrafinil
Bear in mind that Adrafinil and Modafinil are like every other drug… they are a drug! Therefore, there are some inherent risks that go along with taking them. Both can cause undue strain on the heart (although less than amphetamines can), so there is some risks.
People who are heart-healthy don’t need to be too concerned. However, folks who suffer with high blood pressure or any other heart condition should avoid taking these medications. Never mix these drugs with other amphetamines.
Several common side effects with the drug include:
• Dry mouth
• Petulance (bad temper)
Some more serious, but less common side effects include:
• Chest pain
• Easy bruising
• Hallucinations (and other odd behaviors)
• Heart palpitations
• Queasiness (throwing up)
Adrafinil Drug Contraindications
• Both Adrafinal and Modafininl can be used in conjunctions with other stimulants, acting synergistically. However, any substance that boosts the heart rate or blood pressure shouldn’t be mixed with Adrafinil.
• There has been evidence that Modafinil makes, less effective, several kinds of birth control. It’s not known of Adrafinil has the same issue with it, but since it is similar to Modafinil, one can assume that it does carry some risks
Remember that Adrafinil is broken down in the liver, putting a strain on the body’s system and causes an increase in liver enzymes. Therefore, if your liver enzymes are already high, you should avoid using Adrafinil because it can cause liver damage or failure. Be sure you get a blood test first before commencing use of this drug.
The toxicity levels of Adrafinil are similar to Tylenol, despite what you read on the Internet. A person who has a healthy liver doesn’t have a real reason to be concerned so long as it’s used in the matter directed. Do not ever take the medications while drinking and taking drugs. The key way to avoid side effects with the drug is to follow the advice given about it.
There is less chance to becoming addicted to Modafinil and Adrafinil than see with other stimulants. But, it can still be addicting. Any drug that increases the dopamine level has a high addiction risk attached to it – Adrafinil is included in this list. Adrafinil does not have a high euphoriant property that’s seen with amphetamines and potential abuse of the drug is far less. Still, be cautious whenever you take the drug. When used on an irregular basis to help with alertness, the chance of being addicted is small. If you take the drug often, it can lead to a tolerance buildup. If you cycle the Adrafinil drug and use it for a long time, you’ll reduce the chances for this problem.